Thursday, July 19, 2007

music in the park with partners.






Yesterday my friends from work Nathan and Megan and I went to Millenium Park in Chicago to see the Decemberists for FREE with the Grant Park Orchestra. Free concert of course = not being able to see the band, but at least we got to hear them.

We were also joined by some of my friends from Taylor, Stephen and his brother Matt (aka "Toad"), and even later on more Taylor friends joined us (that's the first picture).

I always make fun of people that take video on their digital camera by holding the camera SIDEWAYS but that's exactly what I did and the result is that you have to turn your computer or your head sideways to grasp the phenomenon of baristas dancing in the park. My co-workers are awesome.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

sounds like fun!! I have yet to see the Decemberists, though hear they put on a good show.

Wilco is playing at Millennium Park in the fall - but they are charging for tickets, even for the lawn, which from the way you (and others) describe it, you can't even see.

Graham and I were over in Wheaton tonight and went to your Starbucks to play cards. We were hoping that you might be there....alas, you were not. But, whoever was on the machine tonight made a right tasty white mocha!

Hope to see you soon! I am still anxious to hear more about your trip to PA and about your upcoming trip to Switzerland.

Jasie said...

I saw the Decemberists in Fribourg last year, and they really put on an amazing show, don't they?

Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

-Jasie