Sunday, February 10, 2008

bern, chillon, and evian...

Things have been going well at L'Abri. Right now I'm enjoying reading a book entitled The Beauty of God from Wheaton's Theology Conference in 2006 (or was it '07?). Anyway, I highly recommend it for anybody interested in getting a better grasp on theology and aesthetics. I'm thinking about a lot concerning the summer and would value my friends' prayers for wisdom about the future. Thanks for checking on the blog.

Also, I've been traveling around Switzerland more often this term. It's been a lot of fun and if you ever come to Switzerland think about getting a half-price pass. It pays itself off really quickly. There are some pictures from Bern available of Rhett and I playing in a park from earlier this month on Renea's blog. Enjoy!

4 comments:

christine said...

Wonderful pix!! thanks to Renea for some great photography.

RuthG said...

Val, it's great to catch up with you here. It seems so appropriate to be reading theology of beauty while surrounded by so much beauty!

kathryn said...

Hey Val, I've been thinking about you a lot... thanks for updating the blog! Glad to hear things are going well with you...

emily rose said...

hey Val! it's emily (from last term at L'abr) just letting you know that i'm still your reading your blog and renea's...so keep writing! i would love to hear more about what you are studying if you ever get the chance to post more of your thoughts. i feel like i'm living vicariously through the few of you i know left at l'abri this term. anyway, i hope you are doing well!