Monday, July 9, 2007

taking off.

I've officially been accepted as a helper at the Swiss L'Abri for the coming fall term. This means that my autumn will include lots of apples, the Alps, and returning to lovely Chalet Bellevue. I can't wait.

The reason I began a blog is because last time I was at L'Abri my poor friends and family were recklessly subjected to my reflections on my time there through long, rambling, mass e-mails. Hopefully a blog can replace those e-mails, and maybe I can keep the rambling and introspection in check. I firmly believe that a blog is no substitute for personal correspondence, however, and hope to still be in touch with everyone through more personal means (read: *please write*).

Tonight I took Marguerite (who I have been responsible for all summer) out for a walk after a heavy rain. The days are getting shorter again, and since this afternoon the clouds have made the sky really dark. I'm glad it rained because it's been so hot in Chicago this summer. I'm thinking about all those people in the city who seriously needed some relief.

I have a five am shift tomorrow at Starbucks, which means it will still be dark when I wake up. Oh, the life of a barista...


3 comments:

Corey said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!

RuthG said...

Congrats on having settled plans for the fall! I hope being back at L'Abri as a worker will be a great experience for you.

valerie said...

I'll actually be back at L'Abri as a "helper," or an assistant to the people called "workers." :) I don't get paid like they do.