Sunday, August 5, 2007

finally august.

I'm happy that it's August now, because August is the month that I get to return to L'Abri. In one week I'll be in an airplane on my way to London, and then eventually Geneva. August is also the figure-head beginning of Fall for me, most likely because for most of my life it was when school started, which meant Fall, no matter how hot it was and even if everyone else was still wearing flip-flops. I've always kind of preferred cold weather anyway, because cold weather eventually meant Christmas, which is, as we all know, the hands-down best time of the year. I'm 22 years old and the year still revolves around Christmas and Easter. I hope that doesn't change. They say working at Starbucks during the Christmas season makes you hate the holiday; I don't think it'll have that much power over how I think of it if I get a chance to help the shop out in December, but I'll put this out there right now: I don't care how much your latte costs; if you've got enough money to buy a latte in the first place, you've got enough to tip your baristas.

I put a picture that I kind of like behind the header of the blog. I want to clarify that I didn't take it; it was taken by someone named Alexandre Buisse, through a dirty window in the Charles de Gaulle train station in Paris. So you're looking through the window out at the bird, if that's not redundant. The link is available here.

It takes six days or so for mail to arrive from the US to Switzerland, so now's the time to pick 

L'Abri Fellowship
Chalet Bellevue
1884 Huemoz
Switzerland

for the next couple of months. I'm looking forward to keeping in touch with everybody.

No comments: