Coming to L'Abri (for me) is like coming to the surface after being under water for a looooong time. Maybe that's a little melodramatic, but it's nice to know that at least for now, I'm really happy in Switzerland.
Here are some pictures. One is of my front yard (er, the view from my front yard). That's the day-time scene. The black and white photograph shows Molly and Laura and me. Laura was at Wheaton with me and came to L'Abri for about ten days. Molly is a reporter from Yale doing research on Evangelicals (that's a broad generalization... there's much more to her work than that, but I won't go into it here). We had a lot of fun together on this walk down the Panex road. That's the evening shot.
I can't believe I live on this mountain. I can't believe my eyes.
Meanwhile, books I'm working on when I'm not scrubbing toilets and baking bread:
The Cambridge Companion to Christian Doctrine (ed. Colin Gunton), specifically the chapter entitled "Christ and the cultures: Christianity and the arts" by Jeremy Begbie.
Everyday Theology (ed. Kevin Vanhoozer).
Aesthetics, The Classic Readings (ed. David E. Cooper).
Hard hitting-ish stuff, but I'm really enjoying taking it slow and reading carefully into subjects I've always been interested in but haven't had a chance to think about.
2 comments:
I see the same sunsets in the United States.
I see the moon
the moon sees me
the moon sees the one
that I long to see ...
(thank you, chris rice)
remembering you as i gaze at the moon over lake Atitlán ...
Post a Comment