Monday, August 13, 2007

taking shelter.

I've arrived safely in Switzerland and am slowly becoming reacquainted with this beautiful place! The days feel like gifts here... as they are everywhere, I guess, but I believe that when I'm here. :) Now the key is to bring the feeling wherever I go.

It's so beautiful it could make you cry! Tomorrow the term starts and the chalet I'm living in will become noisy and full. I can't wait.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck girl! You'll be great! How lucky those kids are to share that chalet with you!

Katherine said...

I am glad you arrived safely! Enjoy your time there and I look forward to updates!! :)

Holly said...

yes, each day is a gift, as I learned tonight after surviving the 7.9 earthquake here in Lima, Peru. Holly, Meredith and I rode out the two-minute quake on the 12th floor of Meredith's apt bldg, huddled against a lurching wall, clutching each other, praying for mercy, invoking God's care as never before. Pictures flew off the walls, a tv crashed, the water jug in the kitchen baptized the floors...but no major damage. by God's grace we had just exited the elevator, which is still jammed. we have taken shelter in the Paz y Esperanza office, sleeping on futons on the first floor. God is good. Life is a gift. I love you, from mom. Holly sends her love too. what a great companion for an adventure like this.

lila u. said...

hurray for arrivals! and beginnings to be paired with endings and returns! i sound like semisonic, but alas.

i'll leave for russia on wednesday, and am glad to make blog-contact: i'll link you too if you don't mind!